Accompanying persons and former medical librarians are most welcome to join us at Basel! Here is the additional social program giving the opportunity to discover Basel and to attend the workshop’s social events and tours for 240 Swiss francs.
Tuesday, June 18
1:15 pm to 4:30 pm
Basel old city tour including the visit of the Kunstmuseum
Meeting point: Tinguely fountain
6pm : Welcome EAHIL Reception at the Wildt’sches Haus am Petersplatz.
Wednesday, June 19
10:15 am to 4 pm
Augusta Raurica and a boat trip on the Rhine
Meeting point : Aeschenplatz Hammering Man.
7 pm : Official dinner Zafran Zunft Basel
Thursday, June 20
Sign up for one of the free guided Tours on Thursday afternoon https://eahil2019.net/programme/tours-visits/
- Basel University Library
- University Medical Library
- The Pharmacy Museum of the University of Basel
- Historical walk : Black Death in Basel
- Health and Disease in Ancient Greece : a Tour of the Skulpturhalle Basel
- The Botanical Garden
Friday, June 21
Sign up for one of the post workshop Tours on Friday, some additional costs may apply: Vitra Campus, bike tour or excursion to Zürich or Freiburg : https://eahil2019.net/post-workshop-visits/
- Basel / Weil am Rhein : Vitra – Campus Architecture Tour (morning). This tour is cancelled
- Basel / Weil am Rhein : Vitra – Design Museum (afternoon). This tour is cancelled
- Basel : the “Pharmaceutical City” (whole day)
- Basel : bike tour “Three countries within one hour”
- Zurich : City Tour, Architecture and Libraries (whole day)
- Freiburg i. Breisgau University Library (whole day). This tour is cancelled
The social program is subject to change. Any cancelled excursion, in case of bad weather for example, will be replaced by another activity.
An accompanying person can be registered together with a delegate. But we advice you to create a specific account and register an accompanying person separately from a workshop delegate registration.
The link to register in Conftool : https://eahil2019.net/registration/